Research suggests only 7% of adults over the age of 75 are getting the recommended levels of physical activity.
At Bee Active we understand the importance of physical activity and the associated benefits to a person’s mental, emotional and physical health. We tailor each activity to suit the needs of residents.
- Improved mobility, balance and coordination
- Positive relationships & personal empowerment
- Improved aerobic capacity, strength and flexibility
- Promotes teamwork, social skills and problem solving
- Reduction in anxiety and depression and improved emotional well-being
- We bring a range of exciting equipment and sensory resources
- Decrease in pain through stiff or immobile joints
- Promotion of active and healthy lifestyles
We bring specialist equipment combined with everyday household items to create a fun and engaging environment.
Equipment used: resistance bands, balloons, bubbles, noodles, ropes, sensory balls, quoits, scarves, ribbons, beanbags, weights, pom-poms, hoops, music, sponges and much more.
Sports and activities: seated volleyball, tennis, bowls, skittles, curling, golf, basketball, football, archery, darts, dancing, boxercise, zumba, real life board games, trivia-cise, chairobics, frisbee, croquet, speed stacking, table football, table hockey, circus skills, athletics, laser tag, yoga, cricket, rounders, bootcamp fitness and many more!
Sessions can take place indoors or outdoors at a time that suits you.
We would love to meet your residents and discuss how we could improve wellbeing at your setting!